শনিবার, ১০ নভেম্বর, ২০১২

Making Home: Carmel Apple Cupcakes - Baby Shower Part 2

?

I made The*?Most* Amazing cupcakes for the baby shower.

Yes, I am bragging ,

but

They* Were* That* Good !

?

?

?

Since it is fall ,

I wanted to make a "fallish" dessert.

But whenever I have a gathering at my house ,

cupcakes are expected.

Maybe?even ?required.

?

I had found a recipe last year for Carmel Apple Cupcakes

and made them,

but it was a disappointment.

Way too messy and the flavor just wasn't there.

?

Sooo...

I went to my go to sites ,

Pinterest and Allrecipes.com

Allrecipes was the best source and I did find several.

?

I am NOT a "from scratch" kinda baker.

I am more of a "?doctor up a mix " kinda baker.

?

Sooo...

I took the "ideas" from a few and made up my own.

?

Most of the recipes call for the carmel on top.

That's what I did last year ...

one word , MESSY.

And I'm big on surprises inside my cupcakes

plus?I wanted the carmel to be significant.

I was afraid regular carmel would melt to fast and kinda fade away,

?

Sooo... ( again)

I choose to use Wherther's CHEWY carmels.

They are not quite as soft , and the flavor is phenomenal.

?

?

I also wanted them to be rich and not "spice cake like".

?

Sooo...

?( tired of that yet )

I used a Butter Cake mix.

It's a yellow cake mix but you use butter instead of oil.

YUM !

?

Here's my recipe:

1 Butter Cake Mix

?( I like to use Pillsbury, mostly cause of the DoughBoy on the box, plus there is pudding in the mix )

Mix as directed.

2 apples , finely chopped

( I used Jonathons but I think any tart apple would be great)

Mix the apples into the cake mix.

Fill the cup cake liners

(please use liners )

1/2 full or however full you get them,?mine are never the same .

?

Side Note -

One of my favorite cupcake recipes Peanut Butter Cup Cupcakes)?says to put 3 tablespoons of?batter then the peanut butter cup then more batter?. Really , I am not a going to take the time to measure tablespoons of batter into the liners. Which is probably why I do not have consistently sized cupcakes. But I'm OK with that.

?

Then ,

?and this is the really important part,

poke an UNWRAPPED Wherther's CHEWY carmel into the cupcake batter !

Top off with some more batter and

WALAA !

Carmel apple cupcakes.

?

Almost as important as the cupcake is the frosting .

Right?

?I topped these delish little guys with a cream cheese frosting.

Not just any cream cheese frosting but a butter cream / cream cheese frosting.

Oh* My* God !

?

I found this recipe on Allrecipe.com also.
?I pretty much followed that one ,

?except,

?I did add more powdered sugar than was called for.

?

I kept saying these were the best cupcakes I had ever made.

Which wasn't good , cause I couldn't stay away from them.

But Hubs still prefers the Peanut Butter Cup Cupcakes.

He's more into chocolate than me .

?

Make these !

Please.

Trust me .

?

?

?

?

?

?

Source: http://makinghome-dawn.blogspot.com/2012/11/carmel-apple-cupcakes-baby-shower-part-2.html

Chris Kluwe Jennifer Granholm Tulane player injured fox sports frank ocean obama speech amber rose

কোন মন্তব্য নেই:

একটি মন্তব্য পোস্ট করুন